Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fifty Greatest Show Tunes - Ella Fitzgerald

DOWNLOAD: Fifty Greatest Show Tunes - Ella Fitzgerald

Biography

Born: April 26, 1917 in Newport News, VA

Genre: Jazz

Years Active: '30s, '40s, '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s

"The First Lady of Song," Ella Fitzgerald was arguably the finest conceiving jazz minstrel of all time (even if some may vote for Sarah Vaughan or Billie Holiday). Blessed from one side a beautiful voice and a bountiful range, Fitzgerald could outswing anyone, was a brilliant scat singer, and had near-unblemished elocution; one could always understand the reasoning faculty she sang. The one fault was that, from that time she evermore sounded so happy to subsist singing, Fitzgerald did not for ever work with a spade below the surface of the lyrics she interpreted...

Track count fit

Give It Back to the Indians (From 'Too Many Girls')
Ten Cents a Dance (From 'Simple Simon')
There's a Small Hotel (From 'On Your Toes')
I Didn't Know What Time It Was (From 'Too Many Girls')
Everything I've Got (From 'By Jupiter)
I Could Write a Book (From 'Pal Joey')
Blue Room (From 'The Girl Friend')
My Funny Valentine (From 'Babes in Arms')
Bewitched (From 'Bewitched')
Mountain Greenery (From 'The Garrick Gaieties)
Wait Till You See Her (From 'By Jupiter')
Lover (From 'Love Me Tonight')
Isn't It Romantic (From 'Love Me Tonight')
Here in My Arms (From 'Dearest Enemy')
Blue Moon
My Heart Stood Still (From 'A Connecticut Yankee')
I've Got Five Dollars (From 'America's Sweetheart')
All Through the Night
Anything Goes
Miss Otis Regrets
Too Darn Hot
In the Still of the Night
I Get a Kick Out of You
Do I Love You
Always True to You in My Fashion
Let's Do It
Just One of Those Things
Ev'rytime We Say Goodbye
Get Out of Town
Begin the Beguine
I Am in Love
From This Moment On
I Love Paris
You Do Something to Me
Ridin' High
Easy to Love
It's All Right With Me
Why Can't You Behave
What Is This Thing Called Love
You're the Top
Love through a view to Sale
It's Delovely
Night and Day
Ace in the Hole
So in Love
I've Got You Under My Skin
I Concentrate On You
Don't Fence Me In
Let's Call the Whole Thing Off
These Foolish Things (Remind Me of You)
Ella & Friends
Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas
Porgy and Bess
Ella & Louis in search of Lovers
Ella: The Legendary Decca Recordings (Box Set)
Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas
The Best of Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
Pure Ella
Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas
Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment